Skip to main content

Expenses- Lab Supplies and Travel

The most common expenses while working with the ChBE department:

  • Travel Related Expenses
    All employees (faculty and student) must submit a Travel Request in the Concur software prior to any business travel. The software is in ACCESSUH once you log in. Travel policies must be adhered to. Please ask your advisor or the front office for assistance if it is your first time traveling. Save all receipts for reimbursing upon return from your trip.
  •  Vendor forms:
    Click here to see a list of vendor forms.
    • UH System Employees:
      Each student/faculty and staff member should complete an Individual Set Up packet for themselves. Reimbursements for out of pocket expenses can not be made to you unless you have filed an Individual Set Up packet.
    • Non-employees Vendors:
      If you are using a new vendor, it may NOT to be in the UH vendor system, the vendor set-up form will need to be emailed to the company and filled out. Once filled out, we will then fax this form to UH Vendor ID Dept. This process typically takes about 3 business days.
  • Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification
    This tax exempt form should be presented when making any purchases with your personal credit/bank cards or cash. The University of Houston does NOT reimburse for any taxes, under any circumstances. The form can be found here.
  •  Purchase Request Form
    The requestor will fill out a Purchase Request Form. The Purchase Request must be completely filled out and include a purpose & benefit (as to how the items being requested relate to one’s project) along with copies of any price quotes received via email or quoted prices from an on-line catalog. An approval signature should be obtained from the faculty member whose grant is being used to pay for the items requested. Once the above has been completed, request can be emailed to chefinan [at] (chefinan[at]central[dot]uh[dot]edu)  A Voucher PO number will be created for you to provide to the company.  (Purchases over $5,000.00 will be submitted on a Purchase Requisition which requires the University to undergo a competitive bidding process, these will take up to 2 weeks to generate.)
  •  Reimbursement Request Form
    The requestor will fill out a Reimbursement Request form. The Reimbursement Request form must be completely filled out and include a purpose (reason the material/s are needed: i.e., for undergraduate lab, research, etc.) and benefit (how the monies expended benefit the account charged). Approval must be given by the Department Chair for charges on Dept funds; by the faculty/P.I. or advisor for charges related to research funds. One can email the completed document to chefinan [at] (chefinan[at]central[dot]uh[dot]edu)  Remember reimbursements have to be generated within 60 days from the date of purchase!
  • Mileage forms for day trips (non sleepover) can be submitted with the Reimbursement Request forms. The process is the same.
  • Educational forms
    • General Petition—A General Petition is used to change admission status, classification, request course overload, change in degree objective, degree requirement exception, leave of absence, reinstatement, change of major, writing proficiency exemption, special problems course, etc., the form can be found here.