The mission of the William A. Brookshire Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Houston is to educate students to become highly qualified chemical engineers, conduct innovative research in chemical engineering and related interdisciplinary areas, and provide service to the profession and to society.
The University of Houston BSChE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Our graduates will:
- Meet or exceed the evolving expectations of employers in a variety of disciplines across energy, chemicals and emerging industries;
- Pursue lifelong learning and development, especially through advanced studies; and
- Become leaders impacting industry, academia, or government in a global economy.
Students in the UH Chemical Engineering Program are expected to attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
- an understanding and appreciation of safety issues faced by engineers.
Student Enrollment/Degrees Awarded
|Degree||STUDENT ENROLLMENT FALL 2020||DEGREES AWARDED ACADEMIC YEAR 2020|
|Degree||STUDENT ENROLLMENT FALL 2021||DEGREES AWARDED ACADEMIC YEAR 2021|