Content coming soon
2019: Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
2019: Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
2019: Lead Program Director, Distributed Chemical Manufacturing (DCheM), Emerging Frontiers in Research and Innovation (EFRI) Program, National Science Foundation
2018-19: Chair of the Congressional Review Committee for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Projects funded by the US Department of Energy
2017: Keynote Speaker, 2017 American Society for Engineering Education Summer School for Chemical Engineering Faculty.
2016: Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Service, National Science Foundation
2016: Alkiviades Ch. Payatakes Distinguished Lecturer, Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences, Patras, Greece.
2015: Visiting Professorship, Princeton University
2015: Distinguished Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
2013: Keynote Lecturer, 9th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, Seoul, Korea.
2012: Plenary Lecturer, Topical Conference on Sustaining Water for Future Generations, 2012 AIChE Annual Meeting.
2011: Plenary Lecturer, Materials Engineering and Sciences Division, 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
2011: Technology Development Award from the University of Massachusetts System
2010: Sigma Xi Lecturer, US Army Soldier Research Center, Natick, MA.
2009: Member of the Board of Judges, 40th Kirkpatrick Award for Industrial Chemical Technologies.
2007-08: Member of Life Sciences Task Force and Chair for Nanomaterials Applications in Life Sciences, University of Massachusetts System.
2004-to date: Trustee and Member of the Awards Committee of the biennial International Research Award “The Stratis V. Sotirchos Lectureship”.
2004: Plenary Lecturer, 41st Annual Meeting of the Society for Engineering Science.
2003: Award for Notable Contributions to Teaching and Learning, University at Buffalo.
2000: Plenary Lecturer, 2000 AIChE Annual Meeting.
2000: Visiting Professorship in Process Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH-Zürich).
1997: Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, The State University of New York.
1993 & 1994: Cray Research Award, Pittsburgh National Supercomputing Center.
1992: The Norman Hackerman Award in Solid State Science and Technology, The Electrochemical Society.
1990: Research Initiation Award, National Science Foundation.
1988-89: Visiting Research Scholarship, Minnesota Supercomputer Institute.
1984-86: Elected Member of the Council of the Princeton University Community.
1986-87: Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in Engineering, Princeton University.
1982-86: Graduate Research Fellowship, Princeton University.
1982:Top Engineering Student and Valedictorian, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- CA Beach, KE Joseph, PJ Dauenhauer, CS Spanjers, AJ Jones, "Complete carbon analysis of sulfur‐containing mixtures using postcolumn reaction and flame ionization detection," AIChE Journal 63 (12), 5438-5444, 2017
- H Yang, R Coolman, P Karanjkar, H Wang, P Dornath, H Chen, W Fan, ..., The effects of contact time and coking on the catalytic fast pyrolysis of cellulose. Green Chemistry 19 (1), 286-297, 2017
- J Gou, Z Wang, C Li, X Qi, V Vattipalli, YT Cheng, G Huber, WC Conner, ..., The effects of ZSM-5 mesoporosity and morphology on the catalytic fast pyrolysis of furan. Green Chemistry 19 (15), 3549-3557, 2017
- Y Lin, TJ Mountziaris, JM Davis, Steady flow of gas and decomposing particles in a vertical feed tube for applications in biomass pyrolysis. AIChE Journal 63 (6), 2318-2334, 2017
- AR Teixeira, X Qi, WC Conner, TJ Mountziaris, W Fan, PJ Dauenhauer, 2D surface structures in small zeolite MFI crystals. Chemistry of Materials 27 (13), 4650-4660, 2015
- H Yang, RJ Coolman, P Karanjkar, H Wang, Z Xu, H Chen, TJ Moutziaris, ..., The effect of steam on the catalytic fast pyrolysis of cellulose. Green Chemistry 17 (5), 2912-2923, 2015
- S Chu, C Zhu, GA Tompsett, TJ Mountziaris, PJ Dauenhauer, Refuse-derived fuel and integrated calcium hydroxide sorbent for coal combustion desulfurization. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 54 (12), 3136-3144, 2015
- S Maduskar, AR Teixeira, AC Paulsen, C Krumm, TJ Mountziaris, W Fan, ..., Quantitative Carbon Detector (QCD) for Calibration-Free, High-Resolution Characterization of Complex Mixtures. Lab on a Chip 15 (2), 440-447, 2015