Member of the National Academy of Engineering. Internationally known expert in the area of fluid characterization, the theory of phase behavior of multi-component hydrocarbon fluids and its application in the areas of gas injection, thermal recovery of heavy oil, CO2 flooding and geological sequestration of CO2.
Research Interests include phase behavior theory, mathematical modeling, numerical algorithm development and computational methods, numerical reservoir simulation, experimental design of EOR processes in laboratory scale and scale-ups.
Society of Petroleum Engineering Outstanding Technical Editor Award (SPEJ-2019)
Member of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE): for significant theoretical and practical contributions to enhanced oil recovery and C02 sequestration, 2017
2014 SPE Lester C. Uren Award (SPE International Award)
- He, J., and Dindoruk, B., “Modeling Pore Proximity Using a Modified Simplified Local Density (SLD) Approach,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2019
- Ratnakar, R. and Dindoruk, B., “A New Technique for Simultaneous Measurement of Nano-Darcy Range Permeability and Adsorption Isotherms of Tight Rocks Using Magnetic Suspension Balance” SPE-191504-PA “Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 2019
- Ratnakar, R. and Dindoruk, B., “Effect of GOR on Gas Diffusivity in Reservoir Fluid Systems: Experimental investigation and Analysis,” SPE 191531-PA, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 2019
- Ratnakar, R., Dindoruk, B., Odikpo, G., and Lewis, E., “Measurement and Quantification of Diffusion-induced Compositional Variations in Absence of Convective-Mixing at Reservoir Conditions,” Transport in Porous Media (February 2019), https://doi.org/10.1007/s11242-019-01233-x., 2019
- Ratnakar, R., Mantilla, C., and Dindoruk. B., "Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Asphaltene Stability on Interfacial Behavior of Live Reservoir Fluid Systems" Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal (SPE-183940-PA), 2019
- Ratnakar, R., Mantilla, C., and Dindoruk. B., “Impact of Asphaltenes on Contact Angle Variations and Surface Topography & Composition,” SPE-190385-PA “Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 2019
- Rezaei, A, Dindoruk B., Soliman, M., “On Parameters Affecting the Propagation of Hydraulic Fractures from Infill Wells,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 182, 2019
- Yang, Xi, Dindoruk, B., and Lu, L., “A Comparative Analysis of Bubble Point Pressure Prediction Using Advanced Machine Learning Algorithms and Classical Correlations,” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2019
- Ratnakar, R. and, Dindoruk, B., “Analysis and Interpretation of Pressure Decay Tests for Gas - Oil/Bitumen Systems: Methodology Development and Application of New Linearized and Robust Parameter Estimation Technique Using Laboratory Data,” SPE-181514-PA, Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, 2018
- Sinha U., Dindoruk, B., and Soliman, M.Y., “Development of a new correlation to determine relative viscosity of heavy oils with varying asphaltene content and temperature,”( accepted for publication) Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2018