Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
University of Houston
S222 Engineering Bldg 1,
Houston, TX 77204-4004
Machine Shop Policies and Procedures
Hours of Operation
|6:30 am to 11:30 am||Machine Shop Jobs (per Work Order Queue)|
|11:30 am to 12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30 pm to 3:30 pm||
Discussion of Shop Requests;
Minimal Completion Time Jobs;
Machine Shop Jobs (per Work Order Queue)
Work Orders Queue
Types of Work Orders
- Regular—machine and fabrication services to be scheduled with the current base shop hourly charges applied.
- Priority—machine and fabrication services to be scheduled with double the established shop rate charges.
- Overtime services are available after regular working hours with proper approval from the department chair and charge numbers. Work will be scheduled as overtime hours become available.
- Work orders from Tenure Track Faculty groups will be treated as priority jobs and will be placed at the top of the work order queue.
- All other work orders will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis.
- A job will NOT be placed in the queue until all necessary materials and tools are available.
- All work orders must have authorization from faculty PI
- Shop requests will be discussed between 12.30 and 3.30 PM ONLY. Customers can sign up for a “discussion” time slot on the bulletin board outside the Machine Shop. If customers cannot make it during this time slot, please call ext. 3-4354 and leave a message with their request.
- Regular - $15/hr
- Priority and Overtime - $30/hr
Work Request Form
Click here for the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Machine Shop Work Request form.