The mission of the Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Department at the University of Houston is to educate students to become highly qualified chemical engineers, conduct innovative research in chemical engineering and related interdisciplinary areas, and provide service to the profession and to society.
The University of Houston BSChE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
The program's educational objectives are to prepare graduates who will:
- Meet or exceed the evolving expectations of employers, particularly in the energy and chemical industries;
- Pursue lifelong learning and development, especially through advanced studies; and
- Become future leaders in industry, academe, or government.
Students in the UH Chemical Engineering Program are expected to attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Student Enrollment/Degrees Awarded
|Degree||STUDENT ENROLLMENT FALL 2019||DEGREES AWARDED ACADEMIC YEAR 2019|